Saturday 20 December 2008

Trains fair?

Travelling has become a way of life for me. Every weekend I mission to Leeds train station overnight bag filled with going out clothes and straighteners ready for an adventure in another city. However, every week I sit on nationalrail.com trying to find the cheapest train fare. It seems crazy to me that even with student discounts and booking long in advance I spent the majority of my money on trains.

Even with websites like thetrainline.co.uk which offers 33% off all rail tickets travelling has become a burden. I know I am not the only one that loves to travel, many of my friends have boyfriends in other cities or jobs back at home that they have to travel for. It seems ridiculous to me that even with cars and carbon emissions burning holes in the O-zone that train lines are still determined to be burning holes in my pocket! Surely it is in the interest of all to lower train and bus fares so we can save the environment? Maybe next year!

No comments: